Who we are:
Navigating Cancer was founded in 2008 as the result of two healthcare and technology veterans coming together to fill a critical gap in oncology care: a better patient experience.
Driven by a shared passion to leverage technology in the healthcare space, the co-founders set out to create the first patient-centered platform for oncology.
Today, our Navigating Care platform supports over one million patients and thousands of cancer care providers nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction and drive better outcomes.
As Team Lead for Interoperability you will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of developers that build and maintain bi-directional integrations with different medical systems so that we can ingest customer data (patients, medications etc.) and use it to power our customer and patient facing applications. This is a fast-paced and exciting team as we're constantly seeking opportunities to open our platform to more Oncology practices and create innovative integration solutions that streamline the patient care workflow for our customers.
In this role, you can make a direct impact on the success and growth of our business while enjoying a challenging mix of technical and management responsibilities. You will work closely with our Chief Product Officer, Director of Tech. Platform, and Applications & Data/BI teams to ensure we're building a cohesive data platform that supports all aspects of our business.
- Manage and participate in the development, maintenance and evolution of reliable, scalable integration systems
- Partner with product managers and customer success teams to ensure the smooth and timely on-boarding of customers to the NavigatingCare platform
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to advocate and implement the architectural vision for our technology platform
- Work closely with project managers to ensure efficient allocation of engineers to tasks, and track velocity and other metrics to help the team self-optimize
- Advocate for code quality and testability, and drive tactical initiatives to promote these attributes
- Establish and socialize patterns and best practices (software design patterns, integration patterns, API design etc.)
- Regularly meet with individual engineers to discuss career development, impediments to progress, interpersonal challenges, etc
- Be ready to lead Agile practices like story-writing, estimation, retrospectives and stand-ups
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Proven ability to hire, develop, and lead talented engineers, and foster an environment of innovation and execution
- A bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience and interest in mentoring and leading other developers
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design fundamentals and best practices
- Proficient with SQL relational databases and writing and optimizing complex queries
- Experience debugging performance issues, tuning, and scaling databases and distributed systems
- Experience with ETL (Extract Transform Load) systems and tools
- Excitement for the mission of Navigating Cancer and improving the lives of cancer patients
- Self-driven and willing to drive new processes and practices
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Tools & Technologies:
- SQL Relational Databases
- RESTful APIs and web services
- Async Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka etc.)
- Resque / Redis
- Mirth Interoperability Engine
- HL7 v2 and v3
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, SQS
- DevOps tools (Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes)
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
- Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
- Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
- Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
- Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
- Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.
This position is full time, on-site with the Navigating Cancer team in our office in downtown Seattle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
(No recruiters, please.)