Who we are:
Navigating Cancer was founded in 2008 as the result of two healthcare and technology veterans coming together to fill a critical gap in oncology care: a better patient experience.
Driven by a shared passion to leverage technology in the healthcare space, the co-founders set out to create the first patient-centered platform for oncology.
Today, our Navigating Care platform supports over one million patients and thousands of cancer care providers nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction and drive better outcomes.
We are looking for a creative and multi-talented individual to join us and take our IT tools, processes, and procedures to the next level. You’ll be providing desktop and application support for the company, but also defining and implementing security policies and implementing knowledge management initiatives to increase team collaboration and effectiveness.
- Own and manage the process for corporate systems (laptops and internal servers), including vendor selection, inventory management and aging, security, and employee support
- Evolve and manage our security (we are HIPAA compliant) and data integrity processes and procedures
- Document and roll out IT and security policies
- Monitor/troubleshoot corporate network
- Perform software use and licensing audits
- Manage user accounts
- Perform software updates in the corporate network
- Learn and support our VOIP systems
- Adhere to, measure, and promote compliance with IT policies
- Manage various knowledge management and other productivity tools, developing integration and automation where appropriate
- Advanced skills with Mac, Windows and PC system configuration and support
- Experience administering various productivity applications, including Google applications and gmail
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking basics
- Experience with implementing HIPAA compliant security policies and programs
- Analytical thinker, able to anticipate and solve problems
- Clear communicator, and ability to document process, procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively across all areas and levels of the company
- Fast, self-driven learner of new tools and technologies
- Passionate, optimistic, with the internal drive to constantly improve the effectivity and security of the IT solutions
- Nice to have: Linux system administration
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
- Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
- Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
- Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
- Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
- Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.
This position is full time, on-site with the Navigating Cancer team in our office in downtown Seattle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
(No recruiters, please.)