Who we are:
Navigating Cancer was founded as the result of two healthcare and technology veterans coming together to fill a critical gap in oncology care: a better patient experience.
Driven by a shared passion to leverage technology in the healthcare space, the co-founders set out to create the first patient-centered platform for oncology.
Today, our Navigating Care platform supports over a million patients and thousands of cancer care providers nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction and drive better outcomes.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Web Application Development team at Navigating Cancer, you will:
• Work on all aspects of our clinic and patient facing products.
• Develop strong health care technology and industry domain knowledge.
• Invest in doing meaningful work to enhance the workflow process and operations of cancer care providers (physicians, nurses, social workers and others) as they take care of patients.
• Develop a deeper understanding of the needs and challenges facing cancer patients, and develop software that can help them during one of the most difficult times in their life.
• Be a vocal leader on the team for continuous improvement, software craftsmanship, and developer productivity and happiness.
Tools & Technologies
We use an ever evolving set of tools and technologies to build our platform;
• Ruby and Rails (yes, both!)
• MySQL and Postgres (yes, both!)
• Swagger, RabbitMQ, Docker, and ELK.
• The full swath of Amazon AWS offerings.
The Successful Candidate has:
• 4+ years developing with Ruby on Rails, Django, or a similar web framework.
• 1+ years developing with a frontend web framework like React, Angular, Ember, or Backbone.
• A strong understanding of object-oriented design fundamentals and best practices.
• Familiarity writing and optimizing complex queries against large relational datasets.
• Solid experience in web technologies and web application development with a strong understanding of the underlying why and how of the tools you use.
• An understanding and experience with performance issues, tuning, scaling, and security when working with the web.
• A bias for action – and experience getting things shipped under evolving requirements.
• Excitement for the mission of Navigating Cancer and improving the lives of cancer patients.
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is a full time, in our office in downtown Seattle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and a fantastic work environment. Come join our team and make a difference!!