Patient Engagement Coordinator
Navigating Cancer champions a better patient experience and has since 2008. Our mission is to radically reduce the burden of cancer through transformative digital health solutions. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
As a Patient Engagement Coordinator, you will work directly with new patients onboarding onto Patient Link to ensure they are succeeding with registration, navigation and use of their patient portal. You will be a primary voice for these patients and serve as their first line of support in registering for this important tool in their care coordination. In addition, you will help identify, document and report process improvement ideas as they relate to helping patients better gain access & higher utilize their patient portal. You must be friendly, caring, encouraging and able to stay positive while providing excellent service!
- Onboard new clinic teams to Patient Engagement Coordinator strategy and services in partnership with the software implementation training.
- Actively monitor new patient registrations to track and ensure patients are supported in registering for their patient portal.
- Contact patients who have registration difficulties and provide first-line support in the registration process & navigation of the portal.
- Actively monitor email capture rates, registration rates & patient utilization metrics to identify trends of adoption and emerging health disparities or inequities.
- Work closely with the account manager and patient portal marketing specialists on: updating patient-facing marketing & orientation materials, collaborating with clinic and marketing to co-brand patient resource materials and delivery mechanisms, patient portal enhancement request release updates & communication plans, patient blog posts, emerging health needs, etc.
- Maintain and monitor clinic SMS Text consenting process & coordinate with internal teams when integration or product needs arise.
- Assist in gathering data monthly, quarterly and other frequent metric reporting on patient portal adoption & utilization rates.
- Gather and submit patient and clinic patient portal enhancement requests to the product team
- Constantly drive and consider patient reach opportunities (pharmacy resources, hospital-based therapy resources, links to billing or other applications embedded in patient portal) that ultimately drive utilization
- Work collaboratively with our patient support team to handle escalated support cases and gain patient rapport and friendly handoff of patient support needs when necessary.
- Customer Service and Outbound Call Experience
- Clinic and/or patient service experience a plus
- Ability to learn and develop a strong understanding of the Navigating Cancer solution and how it adds value for clients and prospects.
- Team player – ability to work effectively with others in a fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude – constantly looking for ways to solve problems.
- A strong ability to work with and relate to all types of patients and provide excellent customer service via phone and email.
- Strong time management skills and ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to document and manage incoming information from patients.
- Excellent organizational, written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong working knowledge of computers, email, web browser usage and configuration.
- Spanish bilingualism is preferred.
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and cancer patients every day. We are a mission-driven company that believes in transformational innovation. Everyday we develop new, better ways to improve the patient experience, help lower patient costs, and drive more equitable outcomes. Help us innovate through technology & grow to reach the next level in patient care. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun doing it!
This position is full-time & 100% remote, with the option to come into the Seattle corporate office on a voluntary basis for local employees. We not only offer competitive compensation, but have a ton of other perks - here are just a few:
- Flexible Work From Anywhere policy (must be US-based)
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision, optional short/long term disability & life insurance
- 401K + ROTH option
- Generous employee stock option plan & yearly bonus
- Flexible time off policy (including paid maternity | paternity leave)
- Bi-Annual Hackathons
- Educational stipend
- Employee Referral program
Base pay is $21.19 hourly + 10% Corporate Bonus
Navigating Cancer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Work with Purpose: Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
- Act with Integrity: Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
- Be Agile: Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
- Seek Simplicity: Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
- Strive for Growth: Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.